Sunday, August 24, 2008

Clickin' and clickin'...

Two or three years back, when I was in the doldrums, I found the internet to be a good companion. It allowed me to explore a world that took me to places I had never been and see opportunities I did not think were possible.

So I discovered about pay-to-click, blogs, HYIPs, forums, MLMs, YouTube and everything else that you can find on the world wide web. And because I did not think I could lose, I joined a lot of programs and sites and even when I had little by way of cash, I spent and spent and eventually lost and lost. SCAMMED is a pretty good word. Of course, I also discovered there are real programs that are reliable and until now still exist.

A week or so ago, I had to go on leave from work because I needed rest following another bleeding episode. Not having much to do, I was on the Net as often as possible just to keep me busy. And so it is that I've been discovering yet new programs and traffic generators and what have you. But I will say I am now wiser and more cautious than I was years ago.

I've also gotten back to blogging and writing and trying to earn through these exercises. Of course, to do so, I need the numbers. I need the people to visit my blogs or check out whatever it is I've written. Admittedly, it is a long and tedious process. While I may not have as much free time now as before (because of a regular job) I try to still keep at it in the hopes that I will finally earn from something.

What has me caught up these days are marketing sites that are helping me generate the traffic I need to get my blogs out there and read. It is a bit surprising because going around, I seem to be making teeny weeny headway and hope to really get a big kick out of my efforts. I need to work out a plan so that I can go about this systematically. But I am just winging it at the moment.

The truth is my preoccupation with all this clicking and surfing and browsing has left me with little opportunity to write down anything sensible in this blog. So this will have to do for now.


No comments: